Author Topic: Various Things  (Read 5033 times)

Offline Ulquiorra

• View Profile
Various Things
« on: February 18, 2015, 06:14:48 am »
I'm not entirely sure which category this would go under, but I have a few questions/observations, and I figured posting on the forums would be easier than filling up the OOC portion in-game.

I was poking through the Wiki, and I was wondering if certain things were going to be added later. More specifically, I was looking to see if there was a list of what exactly certain abilities did, what certain items did, etc. I've been trying to keep everything written out in my Mailbox Notepad, and maybe I'm the only one who likes having a list of things like that, but I was genuinely curious about this. I checked the staff list, but I didn't see anyone listed as specifically tending to the Wiki, so I wasn't sure who to ask.

Another thing I've noticed is that when I go to the Menos Training Grounds (I can't remember if that is exactly what it is called), whenever I see Ulquiorra listed, he is "Ulquiorra Cifer" - but then when I see that someone has beaten him as a Final Test, he is named "Ulquiorra Schiffer". I'm not sure if it's an error or not, but I thought I'd bring it to attention anyway, since it's inconsistent.

The last thing is, as a Menos, I face the Arrancar for training, but if I get too much experience, instead of facing an Arrancar, I face whoever the "master" would be for the Shinigami. It's a little strange, and I'm leaning towards thinking maybe it would be a hassle to change the coding, but is it intentional?

Anyway, those are just little things I've noticed/wondered about.

Offline Phantom

• Administrator
  • The truth is just around the corner...
    • View Profile
Re: Various Things
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2015, 03:00:40 am »
What kind of abilities were you wondering about?
Most minor abilities usually get thrown into the MoTD (with tips and hints) and the major ones tend to be explained in the Wiki.

As for the Ulquiorra name, it is inconsistent. Thanks for pointing it out!
I believe the older translation was "Schiffer" (at the time the module was released) and later on translators moved to "Cifer." Technically they are both correct. I can change it to whichever the players prefer, I guess.

Hmm, could I have sworn I made the fixes for the Menos.  :smt077
They were "core" fixes, it's possible I have the files on my comp saved, just not updated on the live server. Basically, there's some old code in the core that thinks ever truant player is a Shinigami.  :roll: I'll run some tests and make the edits over the weekend.

You have a 1% chance of survival...
Would you seize it?

Offline Ulquiorra

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2015, 03:53:48 am »
Oh,  just in general. I believe what I saw in the Wiki was just the name and how it relates to the anime/manga, but not exactly how it functions in the game (if that makes sense). I'm used to Wiki entries overflowing with information, so to see that this one is a little lacking (I don't mean any offense by that) made me curious if that was just because it was in progress. It also looked a bit outdated on the Staff List page (I'm not sure if you see that as important to fix or not).

No problem! It's always a pain figuring out how character's names should be in English until the creator releases something official (and I'm not entirely sure if he wrote English names in the art book that contained the Espada).

Alright, I look forward to being hunted down by my own kind!

Offline Phantom

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2015, 03:46:40 am »
The Wiki is a bit bare when it comes to some things. I think it's built on the idea of players exploring and finding out more about the events and such on their own without spoiling it by giving too much info.

I don't believe there's an active editor for the Wiki, but I do have rights to edit it so if you want something improved send me a PM with the info and I'll get it done probably within a day or two as long as I'm not too busy.  :D
Would you seize it?

Offline Ulquiorra

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2015, 03:43:58 pm »
Well, if you are alright with having a page for items and such, I already have a semi-good list going. Do you like editing the overall look of a Wiki? It looks like some things might be more beneficial in other areas (i.e. the Staff List and FAQ tagged into the main navigation instead of having to go to the Main Page repeatedly).

Offline Phantom

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2015, 01:03:35 am »
Sure!

Post your thoughts/ideas I'll eventually get to them, I'll probably send you a PM when I'm all set so we can get the changes done.

There's quite a few things both in-game and the wiki that could do with being more streamlined and user friendly.
Would you seize it?

Offline Mizuki

• 薄情
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2015, 08:36:56 am »
Didn't LoB have Wiki Editors before? I think they turned inactive and poofed.

It would be nice if there were Editors again so Phantom wouldn't be so loaded. I'd volunteer if the spot opened. lol

Offline Ace

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2015, 03:16:33 am »
Didn't LoB have Wiki Editors before? I think they turned inactive and poofed.

It would be nice if there were Editors again so Phantom wouldn't be so loaded. I'd volunteer if the spot opened. lol

Send me an in-game message. =)

Offline Phantom

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2015, 08:17:40 pm »
*cough* *cough* Volunteers would definitely be great *cough*

Hmm, the previous Wiki editors either moved on or are too busy. Though besides that, ideas are welcomed, there are many things that can do with some improvement. The Wiki could definitely do with a overhaul too.

Would you seize it?

Offline Bich

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2015, 10:34:00 pm »
(Didn't want to make my own topic because it's such a minor thing.)

Shouldn't Cero be the basic ability of Menos Abilities, rather than Bala (an Arrancar ability)?